AD/Kerberos authentication for WinRM?

John Smithman
Hi,

Is it possible to use an AD domain account with the winrs.rb program to authenticate to the target Windows machine and not have to rely on a local account?

Thanks,

John.

Re: AD/Kerberos authentication for WinRM?

Klaus Kaempf
* John Smithman <[hidden email]> [Sep 08. 2013 07:56]:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use an AD domain account with the winrs.rb program to authenticate to the target Windows machine and not have to rely on a local account?

Yes, reportedly using Kerberos/GSSAPI should work with Openwsman and
Windows if the underlying OpenSSL implementation supports it.

However, I have not yet been able to verify such a setup on a SUSE
Linux system.