Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Hussain Dahodwala
Hello,

I have downloaded WSMAN source from GITHUB and following is the error I am stuck at.
Have searched a lot on Google for the solution but nothing proper is given.

Please help.

[root@centos build]# cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
-- Version 2.3.7
-- Package Version "2.3"
-- Plugin API Version "2.2"
-- Package build timestamp 201307301127
-- Building for x86_64
-- Libraries will be installed in /usr/lib64
-- Configuration will be installed in /etc/openwsman
WARNING libpam not found, disabling PAM authentication
CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindRuby.cmake:60 (IF):
  if had incorrect arguments: RUBY_VENDORARCH_DIR AND NOT (
  ${RUBY_VENDORARCH_DIR} STREQUAL "nil" ) (Unknown arguments specified).
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:161 (INCLUDE)

With Regards,
Hussain.

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Klaus Kaempf
* Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> [Jul 30. 2013 08:25]:

> Hello,
>
> I have downloaded WSMAN source from GITHUB and following is the error I am
> stuck at.
> Have searched a lot on Google for the solution but nothing proper is given.
>
> Please help.

> [root@centos build]# cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
> -- Version 2.3.7
> -- Package Version "2.3"
> -- Plugin API Version "2.2"
> -- Package build timestamp 201307301127
> -- Building for x86_64
> -- Libraries will be installed in /usr/lib64
> -- Configuration will be installed in /etc/openwsman
> WARNING libpam not found, disabling PAM authentication
> CMake Error at cmake/modules/FindRuby.cmake:60 (IF):
>   if had incorrect arguments: RUBY_VENDORARCH_DIR AND NOT (
>   ${RUBY_VENDORARCH_DIR} STREQUAL "nil" ) (Unknown arguments specified).
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:161 (INCLUDE)

Ugh, sorry for that. Which version of cmake are you using ?

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Klaus Kaempf
* Klaus Kaempf <[hidden email]> [Jul 30. 2013 09:11]:
> * Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> [Jul 30. 2013 08:25]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have downloaded WSMAN source from GITHUB and following is the error I am
> > stuck at.
[...]
> Ugh, sorry for that. Which version of cmake are you using ?

Btw, pre-built RPM binaries for all major Linux distributions can be
downloaded from https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/Openwsman

Hth,

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Hussain Dahodwala
Hello,

I have successfully build using cmake.

Now I facing issue after running "make"
Please find attached the error file containing the output of "make" command.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have sorted this out.
Have installed the appropriate libraries required and it worked correctly.

Many thanks for your help.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Klaus,

The cmake version is

======
[root@centos build]# cmake --version
cmake version 2.6-patch 4
======

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello George,

Many thanks for your reply.

I changed CMAKE to

"cmake -DBUILD_JAVA=no -DBUILD_PYTHON=no -DBUILD_PERL=no -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr .."

And now I am getting following errors. Please find it attached.

What wrong am I doing here?

--
With Regards,
Hussain.

--
With Regards,
Hussain.S.Dahodwala.

--
With Regards,
Hussain.S.Dahodwala.

--
With Regards,
Hussain.S.Dahodwala.

wsman_compile_error.txt (13K) Download Attachment

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Hussain Dahodwala
Hello,

I had to install:
1. libxml2*
2. pam-devel
3. sblim-sfcc-devel.x86_64

to fix the cmake error.

Now for "make" as you see, I have already installed pam-devel.

===========
[root@centos build]# yum install pam-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * extras: mirror.nbrc.ac.in
 * updates: mirror.nbrc.ac.in
Setting up Install Process
Package pam-devel-0.99.6.2-12.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package pam-devel-0.99.6.2-12.el5.i386 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
===========

Please let me know what wrong am I doing ?

--
With Regards,
Hussain.

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Klaus Kaempf
* Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> [Jul 30. 2013 10:43]:

> Hello,
>
> I had to install:
> 1. libxml2*
> 2. pam-devel
> 3. sblim-sfcc-devel.x86_64
>
> to fix the cmake error.
>
> Now for "make" as you see, I have already installed pam-devel.

Hmm, I don't natively build on CentOS, I only support it in build RPMs.

Maybe the openwsman.spec file at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/systemsmanagement:wbem/openwsman/openwsman.spec?expand=1
can give you valuable hints on how to fix this.

Otoh, what's wrong with use pre-built RPM packages ?

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Hussain Dahodwala
Hello,

There is nothing wrong in using pre-built RPM packages.
Its just I didn't find any details for the same on the WSMAN site.

Can you provide me with the details ?

--
With Regards,
Hussain.

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Hussain Dahodwala
Hello Klaus,

I installed "libwsman-devel" from rpm.

Now when I try to compile one of the code given here.

gcc gives me an error
===
session_example.c:1:30: error: wsman-client-api.h: No such file or directory
===
which obviously means it didn't get the header file.

Please let me know on how to proceed on this.

--
With Regards,
Hussain.

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Klaus Kaempf
* Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> [Jul 31. 2013 09:27]:

> Hello Klaus,
>
> I installed "libwsman-devel" from rpm.
>
> Now when I try to compile one of the code given
> here<https://raw.github.com/Openwsman/wsmancli/master/examples/session_example.c>
> .
>
> gcc gives me an error
> ===
> session_example.c:1:30: error: wsman-client-api.h: No such file or directory
> ===
> which obviously means it didn't get the header file.

You need openwsman-devel for this include file.

Hth,

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Klaus Kaempf
* Klaus Kaempf <[hidden email]> [Jul 31. 2013 12:16]:

> * Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> [Jul 31. 2013 09:27]:
> > Hello Klaus,
> >
> > I installed "libwsman-devel" from rpm.
> >
> > Now when I try to compile one of the code given
> > here<https://raw.github.com/Openwsman/wsmancli/master/examples/session_example.c>
> > .
> >
> > gcc gives me an error
> > ===
> > session_example.c:1:30: error: wsman-client-api.h: No such file or directory
> > ===
> > which obviously means it didn't get the header file.
>
> You need openwsman-devel for this include file.

Sorry, my bad. libwsman-devel is the correct rpm but its include files
are below /usr/include/openwsman.

So when compiling the example file, you need to pass the include path
(using '-I /usr/include/openwsman') explicitly to the C compiler.

This should be done automatically from the Makefile. Did you run
'bootstrap' and 'configure' from the wsmancli toplevel directory ?

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Hussain Dahodwala
Hello Klaus,

I already have installed openwsman-devel on my machine.
Please see the below output.

=====================
[root@centos build]# yum install openwsman-devel
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
 * extras: mirror.nbrc.ac.in
 * rpmforge: mirror.oscc.org.my
 * updates: mirror.nbrc.ac.in
Setting up Install Process
Package libwsman-devel-2.2.0-5.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package libwsman-devel-2.2.0-5.el5.i386 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
=====================

Please let me know what is wrong here.

--
With Regards,
Hussain.

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Hussain Dahodwala
Hello Klaus,

Many thanks for the reply.

I added the include path and also inked the wsman library and it worked.

But it is giving an error of "wsmc_get_serialization_context".

===========================
[root@centos code_wsman]# gcc 2.c  -lwsman -I /usr/include/openwsman/
/tmp/ccMtjkBh.o: In function `list_services':
2.c:(.text+0x12e): undefined reference to `wsmc_get_serialization_context'
/tmp/ccMtjkBh.o: In function `main':
2.c:(.text+0x42e): undefined reference to `wsmc_create'
2.c:(.text+0x440): undefined reference to `wsmc_transport_init'
2.c:(.text+0x445): undefined reference to `wsmc_options_init'
2.c:(.text+0x46d): undefined reference to `wsmc_set_action_option'
2.c:(.text+0x490): undefined reference to `wsmc_action_enumerate_and_pull'
2.c:(.text+0x4d0): undefined reference to `wsmc_set_action_option'
2.c:(.text+0x4ec): undefined reference to `wsmc_add_selector'
2.c:(.text+0x509): undefined reference to `wsmc_action_invoke'
2.c:(.text+0x56e): undefined reference to `wsmc_set_action_option'
2.c:(.text+0x58a): undefined reference to `wsmc_add_selector'
2.c:(.text+0x5a7): undefined reference to `wsmc_action_invoke'
2.c:(.text+0x601): undefined reference to `wsmc_set_action_option'
2.c:(.text+0x61d): undefined reference to `wsmc_add_selector'
2.c:(.text+0x62f): undefined reference to `wsmc_action_get'
2.c:(.text+0x66d): undefined reference to `wsmc_get_serialization_context'
2.c:(.text+0x6e3): undefined reference to `wsmc_options_destroy'
2.c:(.text+0x6ec): undefined reference to `wsmc_release'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
===========================

I exactly do-not know what "wsmc" is. Please help.

Now as far as running bootstrap and configure in the top folder of openwsman is concerned, I did not see these two files in the code downloaded from git clone.

Please let me know whether I am looking in the correct directory.

--
With Regards,
Hussain.

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Klaus Kaempf
* Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> [Jul 31. 2013 13:38]:

> Hello Klaus,
>
> Many thanks for the reply.
>
> I added the include path and also inked the wsman library and it worked.
>
> But it is giving an error of "wsmc_get_serialization_context".
>
> ===========================
> [root@centos code_wsman]# gcc 2.c  -lwsman -I /usr/include/openwsman/

Add -lwsman_client -lwsman_curl_client_transport to the gcc line.

The Openwsman libraries are splitted into
- libwsman                       - generic part (for client and server)
- libwsman_client                - client part
- libwsman_curl_client_transport - client http layer, using libcurl

> Now as far as running bootstrap and configure in the top folder of
> openwsman is concerned, I did not see these two files in the code
> downloaded from git clone.

bootstrap is part of wsmancli, it will generate configure. I mentioned
it because the example code in your mail was pointing to wsmancli.

Openwsman itself builds with cmake. It still has autotools files (like
Makefile.am) but this build approach is unmaintained.

Hth,

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

* Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> [Jul 30. 2013 11:24]:
> Hello,
>
> There is nothing wrong in using pre-built RPM packages.
> Its just I didn't find any details for the same on the WSMAN site.
>
> Can you provide me with the details ?

I now have created a new Wiki page with links for all major RPM based
distributions:

https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/wiki/Pre-built-RPM-packages

Enjoy,

Re: Centos 5.7 WSMAN Compile error

Hussain Dahodwala
Hello Klaus,

Many thanks for setting up the page.

I installed rpms and it was just so easy to do it.

Thank you very much.

--
With Regards,
Hussain.