Enumerate a class via wsman

George Varghese
Hi,

I have implemented a provider and its registered with sfcb CIMOM.
I have a two classes. one class named GK_Monitor has been derived from CIM_FlatPanel class. Other class named GK_ColorSpace is an independent class and has an association with GK_Monitor.

I had build , install and register it with sfcb.

I want to test it via wsman commandline client.

I got an response for CIM_FlatPanel class.

#wsman enumerate http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_FlatPanel

I got an response what I implemented.

But I don't know how to enumerate GK_ColorSpace via wsman.

Need to create any cim schema for it.

Please help me.

Regards,
George

Re: Enumerate a class via wsman

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Jul 10. 2013 13:07]:
> Hi,
>
> I have implemented a provider and its registered with sfcb CIMOM.
> I have a two classes. one class named GK_Monitor has been derived from
> CIM_FlatPanel class. Other class named GK_ColorSpace is an independent class
> and has an association with GK_Monitor.
>
> I had build , install and register it with sfcb.

Can you do all required operations (enumerate, get, ...) with wbemcli ?

> I want to test it via wsman commandline client.
>
> I got an response for CIM_FlatPanel class.
>
> #wsman enumerate
> http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_FlatPanel
>
> I got an response what I implemented.
>
> But I don't know how to enumerate GK_ColorSpace via wsman.
>
> Need to create any cim schema for it.

You're probably stopped by the CIM schema ('GK') you used, which is
not recognized by Openwsman.

You can either change your class to use one of the established schema
names (like 'CIM', 'PG' (Pegasus), 'Linux' (sblim), ...) or tell
openwsman about the new name.

You need to edit 'vendor_namespaces' in openwsman.conf and provide a
mapping from your schema name ('GK') to a resource URI
('http://schemas....').

For internal testing, you're free to choose the resource URI, internally its
handled similar to a string. For example
  http://george.varghese.com//wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2
would be fine.

I do not know about the process to get an 'official' resource URI
assigned, however.

Hth,

Re: Enumerate a class via wsman

George Varghese
I got the response via wbemcli.

How to mapping schemas in openwsman configuration file.
I hope that need to create schema file for newly created classes. How to map it in configuration file?
How to call it via wsman?

Please help me..

Regards,
George

Re: Enumerate a class via wsman

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Jul 11. 2013 07:57]:
> I got the response via wbemcli.
>
> How to mapping schemas in openwsman configuration file.

1. Decide if you want to stay with your schema ('GK') or use one of
the predefined schemata (like 'Linux' or 'OMC')

2. If you want to use a predefined schema, rename you class, and use
the respective resource URI as listed in the vendor_namespaces
property of openwsman.conf

3. If you want to stay with your schema, choose a resource URI.
   Lets assume that
      http://george.varghese.com//wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2
   is your resource uri

4. shut down openwsmand

5. Edit openwsman.conf and append the following to the
   vendor_namespaces line
    ,GK=http://george.varghese.com//wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2
   (vendor_namespaces  is a comma-separated list of
    <cim schema>=<resourceuri> pairs)

6. restart openwsmand

7. run
    wsman enumerate http://george.varghese.com//wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/GK_ColorSpace

Hth,

Re: Enumerate a class via wsman

George Varghese
I understand it how to configure new schema path in openwsman.

could you please share to me how to create new schema(.xsd) for my class.
Have any tool for creating it?

Please help me.

Regards,
George

Re: Enumerate a class via wsman

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Jul 15. 2013 05:03]:
> I understand it how to configure new schema path in openwsman.
>
> could you please share to me how to create new schema(.xsd) for my class.

Uhm, what do you need this for ? Normal operations (using wsman
command line interface or 'winrm' from Windows) work without it.

> Have any tool for creating it?

I am not aware of any, sorry.

Re: Enumerate a class via wsman

George Varghese
I checked it, it's working. Earlier I think that how it working as by giving an invalid URI.
Sorry for asking questions without checking your reply.

Thank you.

Regards,
George