Enumerate a new class via wsman

George Varghese
Hi,

I have trying to implement a custom provider.
I have copied here a sample mof file here.

class GK_Test::CIM_LogicalElement
{
        string BtnTest1;
        string BtnTest2;
};

I had implemented 'EnumInstances' method.

Set properties values BtnTest1,BtnTest1, Element,InstanceID and Caption etc.

Then register it with CIMOM(sfcb).

Then I trying it with wsman,, In response I didn't get the BtnTest1 & BtnTest2 properties values. me get other property values which I set.

If you know this, Pleas help me.

I am waiting for your response.

Regards,
George

Re: Enumerate a new class via wsman

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Aug 08. 2013 05:40]:

> Hi,
>
> I have trying to implement a custom provider.
> I have copied here a sample mof file here.
>
> class GK_Test::CIM_LogicalElement
> {
> string BtnTest1;
> string BtnTest2;
> };
>
> I had implemented 'EnumInstances' method.
>
> Set properties values BtnTest1,BtnTest1, Element,InstanceID and Caption etc.
>
> Then register it with CIMOM(sfcb).
>

> Then I trying it with wsman,, In response I didn't get the BtnTest1 &
> BtnTest2 properties values. me get other property values which I set.

From your mail to openlmi-devel I see that you didn't set the [Key]
attribute on any of the properties.

Re: Enumerate a new class via wsman

George Varghese
I had tried it. But the issue still remains..

Regards,
George

Re: Enumerate a new class via wsman

George Varghese
I have modified the class,
class GK_Test::CIM_LogicalElement
{
        [Key]string BtnTest1;
        [Key]string BtnTest2;
};

After registering it, solved tje keybinding issue when test it by using wbemcli, but the old issue still remains. I have copied here the sample reponse.

***:5988/root/cimv2:GK_Test.BtnTest1=,BtnTest2= Generation=,ElementName="GK_Test",Description="Read test  details.",Caption="GK_Test",InstanceID="GK_Test",PrimaryStatus=,OperatingStatus=,DetailedStatus=,CommunicationStatus=,HealthState=,Status=,StatusDescriptions=,OperationalStatus=,Name=,InstallDate=,BtnTest1=,BtnTest2=

Please help me..

Regards,
George

Re: Enumerate a new class via wsman

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Aug 12. 2013 13:31]:

> I have modified the class,
> class GK_Test::CIM_LogicalElement
> {
> [Key]string BtnTest1;
> [Key]string BtnTest2;
> };
>
> After registering it, solved tje keybinding issue when test it by using
> wbemcli, but the old issue still remains. I have copied here the sample
> reponse.
>
> ***:5988/root/cimv2:GK_Test.BtnTest1=,BtnTest2=

Ensure that your provider actually provides non-empty values for the
key properties.

Re: Enumerate a new class via wsman

George Varghese
Sure. I had filled property values in provider side properly.

Regards,
George

Re: Enumerate a new class via wsman

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Aug 12. 2013 14:29]:
> Sure. I had filled property values in provider side properly.

The example you posted showed differently.
Can you send a full example again please ?

Re: Enumerate a new class via wsman

George Varghese
Hi,

class diagram looks like below,

class GK_Test:CIM_LogicalElement
{
        [Key]string BtnTest1;
        [Key]string BtnTest2;
};

I had set property values in provider EnumInstances method,
I have copying here sample code,

   GK_Test w;
   GK_Test_Init(&w, _cb, KNameSpace(cop));
   GK_Test_Set_InstanceID(&w,"GK_Test");
   GK_Test_Set_Caption(&w,"GK_Test");
   GK_Test_Set_ElementName(&w,"GK_Test");
   GK_Test_Set_Description(&w,"Read  test details.");

   GK_Test_Set_BtnTest1(&w,"2");
   GK_Test_Set_BtnTest2(&w,"4");

   // Teturn the instance
   KReturnInstance(cr , w);
   CMReturn(CMPI_RC_OK);

then build it and registering it with CIMOM(1.4.5)

After that  trying to enumerate the class instances, I got the following response,

***:5988/root/cimv2:GK_Test.BtnTest1=,BtnTest2=
Generation=,ElementName="GK_Test",Description="Read test
details.",Caption="GK_Test",InstanceID="GK_Test",PrimaryStatus=,OperatingStatus=,DetailedStatus=,CommunicationStatus=,HealthState=,Status=,StatusDescriptions=,OperationalStatus=,Name=,InstallDate=,BtnTest1=,BtnTest2=

How to resolve this issue.

REgards,
George

Re: Enumerate a new class via wsman

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Aug 12. 2013 14:50]:

> After that  trying to enumerate the class instances, I got the following
> response,
>
> /***:5988/root/cimv2:GK_Test.BtnTest1=,BtnTest2=
> Generation=,ElementName="GK_Test",Description="Read test
> details.",Caption="GK_Test",InstanceID="GK_Test",PrimaryStatus=,OperatingStatus=,DetailedStatus=,CommunicationStatus=,HealthState=,Status=,StatusDescriptions=,OperationalStatus=,Name=,InstallDate=,BtnTest1=,BtnTest2=
> /
> How to resolve this issue.

Is the above output from wbemcli ? Does it work with wbemcli ?

Re: Enumerate a new class via wsman

George Varghese
yes. The above output gets from using wbemcli.  No, It doesn't work with wbemcli.
You can check the response, newly created properties are empty.