Get WMI MSVM class instance/object to manage HyperV VMs

Get WMI MSVM class instance/object to manage HyperV VMs

Hussain Dahodwala
Hello,

I've been struggling to get an WMI instance using "wsman" command from a Linux machine.
Any online examples will be of great help.

Also I would highly appreciate if there are any online examples to manage/call HyperV related WMI functions using wsman library used in C Programming language.

I have searched a lot and failed to get any, thus please direct me to a correct path from where I can start coding for developing the management interface.

--
With Regards,
Hussain.

Re: Get WMI MSVM class instance/object to manage HyperV VMs

Klaus Kaempf
* Hussain Dahodwala <[hidden email]> [Aug 09. 2013 11:12]:
> Hello,
>
> I've been struggling to get an WMI instance using "*wsman*" command from a
> Linux machine.
> Any online examples will be of great help.

There's some generic examples on this site from Dell:
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/os-applications/w/wiki/4236.exploring-wsman-beyond-enumeration.aspx

> Also I would highly appreciate if there are any online examples to
> manage/call HyperV related WMI functions using *wsman* library used in C
> Programming language.

libvirt has Hyper-V support based on Openwsman
http://libvirt.org/git/?p=libvirt.git;a=tree;f=src/hyperv;h=0c17d497d8c04d66e1536ee628358d24adb010f7;hb=HEAD

Hth,