Help for a sample wsman soap request for event subscription

Help for a sample wsman soap request for event subscription

George Varghese
Hi All,

I have a requirement to implement an indication interface into my provider for an instance property changes. I had already implemented other interface like get/enumerate/modify and its working fine.
To implement it , I have created a new class and its derived from CIM_InstModification class. Please see the sample mof file for which I have created it for it.

// ===================================================================
//  GK_Test
// ===================================================================
[ Description("Class representing GK_Test"),
  Provider("cmpi:cmpiGK_Test")
]
class GK_Test: CIM_LogicalElement
{
[Key, Description("This property is used to read the unique key id")]
string InstanceID;
boolean PowerEnabled;
        boolean UserEnabled;
};

// ===================================================================
//  GK_TestIndication
// ===================================================================
[ Indication,
  Description ("Metric Process Indication"),
  Provider("cmpi:cmpiGK_Test")
]
class GK_TestIndication : CIM_InstModification
{
    boolean PowerEnabled;
    boolean UserEnabled;
};

I have facing the below issues. My requirement is to provide an instance of any property changes. ie, in my class have two properties named PowerEnabled & UserEnabled. So if any user has modified those properties, should return an instance.

I need clarity to below questions,

1.What kind of the SOAP request comes into provider? for example, I want to get an instance whenever modifying the PowerEnabled property of class. can you please provider sample soap request for it?
2. I think filter request is not a mandatory in spec?

Please reply, if any help from anybody which is very helpful for me.

Regards,
George

Re: Help for a sample wsman soap request for event subscription

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Jun 30. 2014 09:00]:

> 1.What kind of the SOAP request comes into provider? for example, I want to
> get an instance whenever modifying the PowerEnabled property of class. can
> you please provider sample soap request for it?

George,

you need the WS-Eventing part of Openwsman. See
  https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/wiki/using-ws-eventing
which has a complete example based on default indication provider from
sfcb.

> 2. I think filter request is not a mandatory in spec?

Let me quote from
https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/wiki/Debugging-WS-Eventing:

  "WS-Eventing is a complex beast because it does multiple CIM/XML calls
   internally

   1. Create an indication filter
   2. Create an indication handler
   3. Create a subscription, associating the filter with the handler"

So the filter request is indeed required, as is the handler request.
The final subscription request is then bringing the filter and the
handler together.

Hth,