How to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man.

How to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man.

Bai, Bin (ESSN-MCXS-CN)

Hello All,

Does anyone know how to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man? Does ws-man have such a command tool?

Thanks and Regards,

Bai, Bin.

Re: How to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man.

Klaus Kaempf
* Bai, Bin (ESSN-MCXS-CN) <[hidden email]> [Aug 12. 2013 11:14]:
> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone know how to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man? Does ws-man have such a command tool?

Yes, that would be "wseventsink".

Source is available at sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/p/openwsman/wseventsink/ci/master/tree/

RPM binaries for all major Linux distributions are available here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Openwsman/wseventsink

Enjoy,

Re: How to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man.

Bai, Bin (ESSN-MCXS-CN)
Thank you, Klaus.

Regards,
Bai, Bin

> 在 2013年8月12日,下午6:48,"Klaus Kaempf" <[hidden email]> 写道:
>
> * Bai, Bin (ESSN-MCXS-CN) <[hidden email]> [Aug 12. 2013 11:14]:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Does anyone know how to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man? Does ws-man have such a command tool?
>
> Yes, that would be "wseventsink".
>
> Source is available at sourceforge:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/openwsman/wseventsink/ci/master/tree/
>
> RPM binaries for all major Linux distributions are available here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Openwsman/wseventsink
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Klaus
> --
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
> Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

Re: How to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man.

Bai, Bin (ESSN-MCXS-CN)
Hello Klaus,

I'm not quite understood how wseventsink work. Since I can't find any document about it. Please see below:
Without wseventsink, Openwsman alone with CIMOM and client work like this:
        CIMOM <==> Openwsman <==> client.
Now, I need a tool to observe the events flow on Openwsman. The tool is wseventsink. I think there are 2 model that wseventsink may work. One will be like this:
        CIMOM <==> Openwsman <==> wseventsink <==> client.
In this model, suppose client don't know the existence of wseventsink, then I think I need configure openwsman's port number which was used to work with client to another port number, so that it can work with wseventsink.
And here is another model:
                                Wseventsink
                                        ^

        CIMOM <==> Openwsman <==> client
In this model, Openwsman will sent the event information to wseventsink. I don't have to configure anything if the default setting works.
Klaus, do you have any information about this?

Thanks and Regards,
Bai, Bin.

* Bai, Bin (ESSN-MCXS-CN) <[hidden email]> [Aug 12. 2013 11:14]:
> Hello All,
>
> Does anyone know how to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man? Does ws-man have such a command tool?

Yes, that would be "wseventsink".

Source is available at sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/p/openwsman/wseventsink/ci/master/tree/

RPM binaries for all major Linux distributions are available here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Openwsman/wseventsink

Enjoy,

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

Re: How to listen the CIM event transmitted by ws-man.

Klaus Kaempf
* Bai, Bin (ESSN-MCXS-CN) <[hidden email]> [Aug 16. 2013 02:48]:
> Hello Klaus,
>
> I'm not quite understood how wseventsink work. Since I can't find any document about it. Please see below:
> Without wseventsink, Openwsman alone with CIMOM and client work like this:
> CIMOM <==> Openwsman <==> client.
Correct.

> Now, I need a tool to observe the events flow on Openwsman. The tool is wseventsink. I think there are 2 model that wseventsink may work. One will be like this:
> CIMOM <==> Openwsman <==> wseventsink <==> client.
There is no client 'behing' wseventsink.
wseventsink listens on a network port (default: 80) for events coming
from Openwsman.

The model is the following

1. client subscribes to events, passing the indication destination url
   in the subscribe action
   Openwsman <== client.

2. Openwsman carries out the subscription by talking to the CIMOM
   CIMOM <==> Openwsman.

3. Openwsman reports the result of the subscription to the client.
   This either contains an error or the uuid of the subscription.
   Openwsman ==> client.

4. If a CIMOM indication occurs, Openwsman receives it and forwards it
   to the indication destination url passed in the client subscription
   request above.
   Openwsman ==> wseventsink.
   (Additionally, Openwsman sends regular 'heartbeats' to the
    destination url. See '-H' option to wsman)

5. Subscriptions in WS-Management time out (see '-r' option to wsman).
   Clients must send 'renew' actions to continuously receive events.
   Openwsman <==> client.

There are several 'delivery modes' for events (push, pushwithack, ...).
See https://github.com/Openwsman/openwsman/wiki/using-ws-eventing for
more information.

Hth,