Perl - which openWSMAN version for which Perl version ?

Perl - which openWSMAN version for which Perl version ?

Kämpfe, Christiane

Hello all,

I have here several virtual systems with various LINUX OS on it with various Perl versions installed.

Is there a table documentation which version of openWSMAN runs on which version of Perl ?

The oldest OS has Perl 5.8, some have 5.10 on an openSUSE I have 5.12 …

--- Christiane

Re: Perl - which openWSMAN version for which Perl version ?

Klaus Kaempf
* Kämpfe, Christiane <[hidden email]> [Sep 16. 2013 11:41]:
> Hello all,
>
> I have here several virtual systems with various LINUX OS on it with various Perl versions installed.
>
> Is there a table documentation which version of openWSMAN runs on which version of Perl ?
>
> The oldest OS has Perl 5.8, some have 5.10 on an openSUSE I have 5.12 ...

The Openwsman Perl bindings are a binary interface to the Perl
interpreter and should be compiled for the specific Perl version.

However, I do not know about the stability of the Perl interpreter
ABI. The Openwsman Perl binary compiled with 5.8 might well run under
5.12 if the Perl ABI is backwards compatible.