Re: [Openwsman-discuss] async calls from python

Re: [Openwsman-discuss] async calls from python

Klaus Kaempf
* Brian Edwards <[hidden email]> [Mar 26. 2013 20:07]:
> What is the best way to do async calls from python? I'm hoping to pass a python function as a callback to the Client enumerate and pull methods and have the function called when the response is ready. If the SWIG bindings don't support this, would it be possible with ctypes bindings that I write (and can you point me into the direction of the C calls I will need to make)?

Hi Brian,

the current C API (and thus also the Python API) is synchronous.

However, there are other requests to create an asynchronous API, so
Openwsman might get there in the future.

If you're willing to spend some time on this, I'd be happy to work
with you on this subject.