Read instance class using English locale

Read instance class using English locale

emil
Hello,
I googled at the solution of my problem but I couldn't find it. I need to retrieve the value StandardName of class Win32_TimeZone in English language. I noticed that when the Windows is English installation I don;t have any problems with getting this string in English language. But when the Windows is German installation I get the string in German language what is problem for me. I read that I can force to get the strings in English language when I provide locale ms_409.
From powershell you can type:

gwmi Win32_TimeZone -namespace root\cimv2 -locale MS_409
and it works for me.

but I don;t know how I can read it using wsmacli application: I tried with the following URI:

but the response is always empty.
Maybe somebody had similar problem and can help me.

Thanks for any response.

Re: Read instance class using English locale

Klaus Kaempf
* Emil Bartczak <[hidden email]> [Jun 05. 2015 15:24]:
> >From powershell you can type:
>
> gwmi Win32_TimeZone -namespace root\cimv2 -locale MS_409
> and it works for me.

Hmm, interesting. I wonder how the locale is passed through
WS-Management ?

> but I don;t know how I can read it using wsmacli application: I tried with
> the following URI:
>
> http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wmi/root/cimv2/ms_409/Win32_TimeZone
>
> but the response is always empty.

That's to be expected since the about resource uri specifies a
namespace (root/cimv2/ms_409) but no locale.

This locale setting is probably a Windows-specific setting and I need
to do a bit of research on that.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: Read instance class using English locale

Prabhakar_Pujeri

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Wsman SPEC 1.2  section 6.3 wsman:Locale  provides details about how to implement this.

> gwmi Win32_TimeZone -namespace root\cimv2 -locale MS_409 and it works
> for me.

Hmm, interesting. I wonder how the locale is passed through WS-Management ?

> but I don;t know how I can read it using wsmacli application: I tried
> with the following URI:
>
> http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wmi/root/cimv2/ms_409/Win32_
> TimeZone
>
> but the response is always empty.

That's to be expected since the about resource uri specifies a namespace (root/cimv2/ms_409) but no locale.

This locale setting is probably a Windows-specific setting and I need to do a bit of research on that.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

Re: Read instance class using English locale

Klaus Kaempf
* [hidden email] <[hidden email]> [Jun 08. 2015 12:05]:
> Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
> Wsman SPEC 1.2  section 6.3 wsman:Locale  provides details about how to implement this.

Prabhakar,

openwsman 2.6.0 has the ability to set the request locale, wsmancli
2.6.0 allows to set this on the command line.

I hope this works for you now.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)

Re: Read instance class using English locale

Prabhakar_Pujeri

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Yes I am able to test it.

Thanks