This release contains two important fixes, one of them disguised as a
* With multithreading client applications, the libcurl backend might
crash if DNS lookups time out. This is due to the way libcurl handles
timeouts using setjmp, longjmp, and signals.
openwsman_client.conf now provides an option curlopt_nosignal within
the [client] section to work around that crash. Setting
curlopt_nosignal = 1 prevents these crashes at the risk of hanging DNS
See http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL.html for details.
* The other fix is in dictionary_get() of iniparser.c which can crash in
strcmp if a NULL pointer is passed. This bug has been there all the
years and probably got triggered due to new versions of GCC.
From the ChangeLog:
- Add curlopt_nosignal option to openwsman_client.conf to prevent CURL
crashes in multithreaded client applications
- Limit EnvelopeSize to 32767 if wsman:MaxEnvelopeSize not set in
request (WS-Man 1.2 compatibility) (Prabhakar Pujeri)
- fix memory leaks (Vitezslav Crhonek)
- honor client:agent from openwsman_client.conf
- fix possible crash in dictionary_get()
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)