Support for gp/sp command in provider

George Varghese
Hi All,

I had implemented one sample provider using sblim development package. I had implemented cmpi interface methods like get/enumerate/modify/invoke methods etc.
Please note that I have using CIMOM as SFCB.

Here my doubt is, I have tried gp/sp of the following properties using wbemcli. It shows that its not supported.

Please see the commands & response.

[~]#  wbemcli gp https://user:pwd@ipaddress:port/root/cimv2:GK_TestButton.InstanceID='GK:TestButton' ButtonPriority -noverify

*

* wbemcli: Cim: (7) CIM_ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED: The requested operation is not supported

*

I need to implement this feature into my provider. I don't know how to implement it.

Is it supported by SFCB?

 Please help me.

Regards,
George

Re: [Sblim-devel] Support for gp/sp command in provider

Von Behren, Paul

GetProperty and SetProperty are deprecated in CIM Operations over HTTP 1.4.0:

  http://dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0200_1.4.0.pdf

The text suggests using GetInstance and ModifyInstance operations.  If you are using a customized MOF, you could also provide extrinsic methods – GetButtonPriority and/or SetButtonPriority.