base server profile support

George Varghese
hi,

I am new member in ws-man. I want to support base server profile in opnwsman . I have using mod_wsman module or sending http/https request. If anybody worked in this, please give some input for me for implementing this.

Regards,
George

Re: base server profile support

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Mar 23. 2013 06:41]:

> hi,
>
> I am new member in ws-man. I want to support base server profile in opnwsman.

George,

I assume you are refering to DSP1004 'base server profile' here.

Openwsman provides a transport interface only, the actual (CIM)
instrumentation must be implemented in a CIMOM resp. its providers.

Look for e.g. the SBLIM project (sblim.wiki.sourceforge.net) or 'Open
Management with CIM' (http://sourceforge.net/projects/omc) which have
such providers in their repository.

Hth,

Re: base server profile support

George Varghese
Yes. it is DSP1004 'base server profile.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
George

Klaus Kaempf wrote
* George Varghese <georgooty@gmail.com> [Mar 23. 2013 06:41]:

> hi,
>
> I am new member in ws-man. I want to support base server profile in opnwsman.

George,

I assume you are refering to DSP1004 'base server profile' here.

Openwsman provides a transport interface only, the actual (CIM)
instrumentation must be implemented in a CIMOM resp. its providers.

Look for e.g. the SBLIM project (sblim.wiki.sourceforge.net) or 'Open
Management with CIM' (http://sourceforge.net/projects/omc) which have
such providers in their repository.

Hth,

Re: base server profile support

George Varghese
This post was updated on .
Hi,

We have some doubts related to SBLIM implementation.

With reference to the link http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sblim/index.php?title=Main_Page
, we are posting our queries on WBEM Stack and SBLIM stack here.

 WBEM Stack
We are using SFCB as  CIM Server (CIMOM) [An HTTP server that can decode XML and interface with providers]
It is mentioned that a provider (library that "knows" about the class being requested) is required for parsing the data correctly. We would like to know how to add the support for this? Is it already there in openwsman? If not, we need your support to have a sample library.
 SBLIM Stack
We have installed SFCC (C library) as Client with openwsman server. But we have no idea about CIMOM: SFCB . Please share your ideas.

We had to implement the support for following profiles:
• Base System Profile(WS-Management Management Profile Support) - CIM_Process
• Profile Registration Profile(WS-Management Management Profile Support)
• Simple Identity Management Profile(WS-Management Management Profile Support)
• Firmware Push/Firmware Update
We assume that separate providers are required for supporting each profiles.
But we have no idea on the providers (Providers: cmpi-base, cmpi-net, cmpi-fsvol, cmpi-rpm) mentioned. Please share your ideas with us.

Regards,
George

George Varghese wrote