contact Microsoft WS-management Stack.

Rajrajat
We have installed openwsman 1.0.1 on SLES 10 running openwbem as cimom. We were able to get information from local wsman client as well as from winrm client. But we are not able to contact Microsoft WS-management stack from openwsman from SLES.

wsman enumerate http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wmi/root/cimv2/Win32_Process --port 8889 --username Administrator -p novell -h 164.99.154.158 --namespace wmicimv2

Connection failed. response code = 400
couldn't connect to server

Please let us know whether we could speak to microsoft stack in the current release.

Re: contact Microsoft WS-management Stack.

Klaus Kaempf
* [hidden email] <[hidden email]> [Jun 29. 2007 08:51]:
> We have installed openwsman 1.0.1 on SLES 10 running openwbem as cimom. We were able to get information from local wsman client as well as from winrm client. But we are not able to contact Microsoft WS-management stack from openwsman from SLES.

Which 'Microsoft WS-management Stack' is this. The one shipped with Vista
or the one available for Windows Server 2003 R2 ?

Only the Vista one is 'close enough' to the Ws-Man standard.

> wsman enumerate http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wmi/root/cimv2/Win32_Process --port 8889 --username Administrator -p novell -h 164.99.154.158 --namespace wmicimv2
>
> Connection failed. response code = 400
> couldn't connect to server

Did you enable remote management on the managed client ?
See http://www.openwsman.org/wiki/OpenwsmanWinrm on how to do this.

There also seems to be a bug with the firewall on Vista. I usually disable
the firewall on Vista clients.

> Please let us know whether we could speak to microsoft stack in the current release.

Yes, this is fully supported.

Re: contact Microsoft WS-management Stack.

Rajrajat

Thanks Klaus,

We were able to query the Microsoft Vista WSMAN stack.

regards,
Rajat