openwsman and wsmancli compatibility

Kiran_K2

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Hi,

Is there any need for openwsman daemon and wsmancli client tool be in sync with respect versions ?

Can I use wsmancli version 2.6  and openwsman 2.4 ? I am having openwsman 2.4 on my target  and running wsmancli 2.6 on a linux box to talk to the target and facing some errors.

Wsmancli version 2.2 works fine without any issues.

Regards,

Kiran

Re: openwsman and wsmancli compatibility

Klaus Kaempf
* [hidden email] <[hidden email]> [Mar 02. 2016 17:22]:
> Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
> Hi,
>
> Is there any need for openwsman daemon and wsmancli client tool be in sync with respect versions ?

Yes.

See https://github.com/Openwsman/wsmancli/releases/tag/v2.5.0

Up to version 2.5.0, wsmancli used internal data structures of
openwsman. This is fixed since wsmancli 2.5.0, only documented (and
stable) openwsman API calls are used.

SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imend├Ârffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG N├╝rnberg)