profile support

George Varghese
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I want to implement the following profiles.

* Profile Registration Profile (DSP1033)
* Simple Idenity Management Profile (DSP1034)
* Role Based Authorization Profile (DSP1039).

I have installed CIMOM as SFCB And CMPI-base providers.

I have no idea about its implementation or its flow from opewsman to sfcb and its providers, mof and regster files.

Please provide details..

Re: profile support

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Apr 05. 2013 10:43]:

> Hi,
>
> I want to implement the following profiles.
>
> * Profile Registration Profile (DSP1033)
> * Simple Idenity Management Profile (DSP1033)
> * Role Based Authorization Profile (DSP1033).

George,

all these are outside of the scope of openwsman. Openwsman just
provides the transport mechanism to access CIMOM functionality.

There are a couple of open source CIM projects you might want to look at
- sblim: SourceForge.net (sblim.wiki.sourceforge.net)
- openlmi: https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi
- omc: http://sourceforge.net/projects/omc
- opendrim: opendrim.sourceforge.net

Good luck !

Re: profile support

George Varghese

Ok.

1. I want to define a custom profile.. ie, need to define its class and associations and its xml structure. Please specify, its implementaion comes in which area, means that CIMOM or WSMAN side?..
2. Which CIM project supporting software update profile(DSP1025)?

Regards,
George

Klaus Kaempf wrote
* George Varghese <georgooty@gmail.com> [Apr 05. 2013 10:43]:

> Hi,
>
> I want to implement the following profiles.
>
> * Profile Registration Profile (DSP1033)
> * Simple Idenity Management Profile (DSP1033)
> * Role Based Authorization Profile (DSP1033).

George,

all these are outside of the scope of openwsman. Openwsman just
provides the transport mechanism to access CIMOM functionality.

There are a couple of open source CIM projects you might want to look at
- sblim: SourceForge.net (sblim.wiki.sourceforge.net)
- openlmi: https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi
- omc: http://sourceforge.net/projects/omc
- opendrim: opendrim.sourceforge.net

Good luck !

Re: profile support

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Apr 09. 2013 12:08]:

> Ok.
>
> 1. I want to define a custom profile.. ie, need to define its class and
> associations and its xml structure. Please specify, its implementaion comes
> in which area, means that CIMOM or WSMAN side?..

The implementation is on the CIMON side. WSMAN just does 'the talking'.

> 2. Which CIM project supporting software update profile(DSP1025)?

You might want to check out https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi/

Hth,

Re: profile support

Ales Ledvinka

> * George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Apr 09. 2013 12:08]:
> >

> > Ok.
> >
> > 1. I want to define a custom profile.. ie, need to define its class and
> > associations and its xml structure. Please specify, its implementaion comes
> > in which area, means that CIMOM or WSMAN side?..
>
> The implementation is on the CIMON side. WSMAN just does 'the talking'.
>
> > 2. Which CIM project supporting software update profile(DSP1025)?
>
> You might want to check out https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi/

Or rather
http://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/openlmi-devel/2013-April/000309.html

> Hth,
>
> Klaus
> --
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,
> HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
> Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

Re: profile support

George Varghese

Hi,

1. Is need to install OPENLMI in system. Have any other option for implementing some profile supporting in my system.
1. Have any tutorial for implementing CIM provider in SFCB and how to connect it with CIMOM?
2. I want to know about vendor_namespaces in openwsman.conf file.
3. If we created a new profile, how to create schema, and where it is hold?..
4 if we using existing profile, Need to create new schema?
5. Please describe me the steps for developing new CIM projects for(DSP1025,DSP1033,DSP1034,DSP1039,sotwareupdate). I want to develope a new CIM providers for this.. How it achieve it?

6. Sample soap request for this profiles.

Please help me

Regards,
George

Ales Ledvinka wrote

> > 1. I want to define a custom profile.. ie, need to define its class and
> > associations and its xml structure. Please specify, its implementaion comes
> > in which area, means that CIMOM or WSMAN side?..
>
> The implementation is on the CIMON side. WSMAN just does 'the talking'.
>
> > 2. Which CIM project supporting software update profile(DSP1025)?
>
> You might want to check out https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi/

Or rather
http://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/openlmi-devel/2013-April/000309.html

> Hth,
>
> Klaus
> --
> SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,
> HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
> Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

Re: profile support

Klaus Kaempf
George,

all your questions revolve around provider writing, which is outside
of the scope of Openwsman.

OpenLMI (https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi/) is currently the most
active open source project in this domain.
They also have released a "How to write CIM providers" document, which
is currently being discussed/refined: http://jdennis.fedorapeople.org/cim-provider-howto.pdf

Hth,

Re: profile support

George Varghese
Thank you.

if you know soap request message sample, please give an brief idea about it with respect to DSP1025,DSP1033,DSP1034,DSP1039.