regarding profile registration profile(DSP1033)

regarding profile registration profile(DSP1033)

George Varghese
Hi,

if you know about profile registration profile.. please describe that,, is it registering anywhere?

what means it?. seems here profile name,version and owning organization information in dsp1033  document.

I didn't get the clear idea about it. I know its not coming in wsman side,b but if you know , please share about it to me, that was very helpful for me.

Regards,
George

Re: regarding profile registration profile(DSP1033)

Klaus Kaempf
* George <[hidden email]> [May 16. 2013 08:09]:
> Hi,
>
> if you know about profile registration profile.. please describe that,, is
> it registering anywhere?
>
> what means it?. seems here profile name,version and owning organization
> information in dsp1033  document.

George,

profile registration is something done by the CIM provider
implementing the profile, by talking to its supporting CIMOM.

The WS-Management protocol as provided by OpenWSMAN allows you to
query/observe this registration.

Hth,

Re: regarding profile registration profile(DSP1033)

George Varghese
Thank you so much.

I want to implement one custom profile which is not registered. Need to define .mof file.
I have selected CIMOM as sfcb.
How to register a new profile in CIMOM?

if you know this, please share to me.

Regards,
George

Re: regarding profile registration profile(DSP1033)

Ales Ledvinka
Hello,

See the openlmi-providers package for registration scripts.

Re: regarding profile registration profile(DSP1033)

George Varghese
Hoqw to query the WS-Managent for registration profiles like simle identity, base server etc?

Regards,
George

Re: regarding profile registration profile(DSP1033)

Klaus Kaempf
* George <[hidden email]> [Jun 28. 2013 08:17]:
> Hoqw to query the WS-Managent for registration profiles like simle identity,
> base server etc?

DSP1033 (http://dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP1033_1.0.0.pdf)
explains how to work with profiles.
Page 19 shows the mandatory operations, like EnumerateInstances. Use
these to enumerate CIM_RegisteredProfile and go from there.

Hth,