user account creation

George Varghese
Hi,

I have installed openlmi(https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi/) CIM projects. I connected it with sfcb CIMOM.
using this openlmi-provider, I got the current logged user account details using openwsman via mod_wsman.
Sample soap request, given below,
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope"
        xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing"
        xmlns:wsman="http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/1/wsman.xsd"
        xmlns:wsen="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/enumeration">
  <s:Header>
    <wsa:Action s:mustUnderstand="true">http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/enumeration/Enumerate</wsa:Action>
    <wsa:To s:mustUnderstand="true">http://******/wsman/</wsa:To>
    <wsman:ResourceURI s:mustUnderstand="true">http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_AccountManagementService</wsman:ResourceURI>
    <wsa:MessageID s:mustUnderstand="true">uuid:52266859-416a-116a-8002-8bf1f5201320</wsa:MessageID>
    <wsa:ReplyTo>
      <wsa:Address>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/anonymous</wsa:Address>
    </wsa:ReplyTo>
  </s:Header>
  <s:Body>
    <wsen:Enumerate>
      <wsman:OptimizeEnumeration/>
    </wsen:Enumerate>
  </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Its working fine, got the current logged user details.

right now, my question is, do you know about the new user addition/deletion/modification wsman soap request format.
If you knoe it, please provide the details.

Regards,
George

Re: user account creation

George Varghese
Above reqourceURI is invalid. correct resource uri is given below,

    <wsman:ResourceURI s:mustUnderstand="true">http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/CIM_Account</wsman:ResourceURI>

Re: user account creation

* George <[hidden email]> [Apr 29. 2013 14:37]:

> Its working fine, got the current logged user details.
>
> right now, my question is, do you know about the new user
> addition/deletion/modification wsman soap request format.
> If you knoe it, please provide the details.

This largely depends on the CIM provider. Once you know how to manage
users by directly talking to the CIMOM (using the CIM/XML protocol),
then DSP0227 (WS-Management CIM Binding Specification) explains you
how CIM/XML operations map to WS-Management operations.

Re: user account creation

Ales Ledvinka
Hello,

User provider does not support that yet and I have not seen it on the feature tracker.

For your case the sblim-cmpi-base provider might be the right thing.
It should be sending indications to subscriber when the cpu load over 90% or so.

Ales

* George <[hidden email]> [Apr 29. 2013 14:37]:

> Its working fine, got the current logged user details.
>
> right now, my question is, do you know about the new user
> addition/deletion/modification wsman soap request format.
> If you knoe it, please provide the details.

This largely depends on the CIM provider. Once you know how to manage
users by directly talking to the CIMOM (using the CIM/XML protocol),
then DSP0227 (WS-Management CIM Binding Specification) explains you
how CIM/XML operations map to WS-Management operations.

Re: user account creation

George Varghese
If we enumerate CIM_Account class via wsmanagement, its got all elements.
Have any option to retrieve selector keys via wsmanagement?
for example, I want only SystemName,Name fields only in wsman soap response.
for that how to send a soap reqest.

If anybodu know about it, please reply to me.

Regards,
George

Re: user account creation

Klaus Kaempf
* George <[hidden email]> [Jun 12. 2013 15:48]:
> If we enumerate CIM_Account class via wsmanagement, its got all elements.
> Have any option to retrieve selector keys via wsmanagement?
> for example, I want only SystemName,Name fields only in wsman soap response.
> for that how to send a soap reqest.

You need to pass the respective query (like: "select SystemName,Name from CIM_Account")
via the filter parameter to the enumeration request (wsmc_action_enumerate).

Create the filter e.g. via
  filter_t * filter_create_simple(const char *dialect, const char *query);

See wsman-filter.h for more information about filters.

Hth,

Re: user account creation

George Varghese

Thank you.

I trying to send wsman request via poster tool(firefox).

How to filter the CIM_Account class response?

sample wsman soap request plz..

Regards,
George

Re: user account creation

Klaus Kaempf
* George <[hidden email]> [Jun 12. 2013 16:15]:

> Thank you.
>
> I trying to send wsman request via poster tool(firefox).
>
> How to filter the CIM_Account class response?
>
> sample wsman soap request plz..

This would be a sample SOAP request using the WQL dialect:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope" xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing" xmlns:wsman="http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/1/wsman.xsd" xmlns:wsen="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/enumeration">
  <s:Header>
    <wsa:Action s:mustUnderstand="true">http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/enumeration/Enumerate</wsa:Action>
    <wsa:To s:mustUnderstand="true">http://localhost:5985/wsman</wsa:To>
    <wsman:ResourceURI s:mustUnderstand="true">http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/root/cimv2/*</wsman:ResourceURI>
    <wsa:MessageID s:mustUnderstand="true">uuid:b7773ef0-def5-1ef5-8002-3da9f9201300</wsa:MessageID>
    <wsa:ReplyTo>
      <wsa:Address>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/anonymous</wsa:Address>
    </wsa:ReplyTo>
  </s:Header>
  <s:Body>
    <wsen:Enumerate>
      <wsman:OptimizeEnumeration/>
      <wsman:Filter Dialect="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/WQL">select SystemName,Name from CIM_Account</wsman:Filter>
      <wsman:MaxElements>999</wsman:MaxElements>
    </wsen:Enumerate>
  </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Hth,

Re: user account creation

George Varghese
Thank you. :)
Thank you so much for your quick response.

Regards,
George

Re: user account creation

George Varghese
I have used digest authentication in openwsman server. Could you please send to me the sample soap request with soap header (contains authentication params )for enumeration.

Regards,
George

Re: user account creation

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Oct 18. 2013 08:33]:
> I have used digest authentication in openwsman server. Could you please send
> to me the sample soap request with soap header (contains authentication
> params )for enumeration.

George,

authentication in WS-Management works via the normal HTTP mechanisms.
There is no authentication data in the SOAP header or body.

Hth,

Re: user account creation

George Varghese
Hi,
without credentials, I trying to send soap request , I got back the error code: 401. How to resolve this?

Regards,
George

Re: user account creation

Klaus Kaempf
* George Varghese <[hidden email]> [Oct 18. 2013 09:27]:
> Hi,
> without credentials, I trying to send soap request , I got back the error
> code: 401. How to resolve this?

The SOAP request is the HTTP payload of a HTTP POST request. The
credentials must be in the HTTP header.

Using wget for example to send an identify request, you can use

  wget --post-file=/tmp/identify.xml --user=wsman --password=secret --header="Content-Type: application/soap+xml" http://localhost:5985/wsman

/tmp/identify.xml should have this content:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope" xmlns:wsmid="http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/identity/1/wsmanidentity.xsd">
  <s:Header/>
  <s:Body>