wsmancli version 2.3.1 released !

wsmancli version 2.3.1 was just released on Github.

This is a feature-enhancement release

- exit with non-zero code if connection fails
- man pages (Kent Baxley)
- read credentials from environment
  wsman: WSMAN_USER, WSMAN_PASS, WSMAN_EVENT_USER, WSMAN_EVENT_PASS
  wseventmgr: WSEVENTMGR_USER, WSEVENTMGR_PASS, WSEVENTMGR_EVENT_USER, WSEVENTMGR_EVENT_PASS
- add --non-interactive option to prevent asking for credentials in scripts

Get it from https://github.com/Openwsman/wsmancli/releases/tag/v2.3.1

Enjoy,

Re: wsmancli version 2.3.1 released !

Abhi
Klaus,
 Is there a retransmission logic in wsmancli? That is if there no reposnse from openwsman server or due to bad network.

-Abhi

Re: wsmancli version 2.3.1 released !

Klaus Kaempf
* Abhi <[hidden email]> [Apr 03. 2014 05:18]:
> Klaus,
>  Is there a retransmission logic in wsmancli? That is if there no reposnse
> from openwsman server or due to bad network.

Abhi,

sorry, no. wsmancli tries to focus on the ws-management protocol and
stays out of the http transport business. The latter is handled by
libcurl (http://curl.haxx.se/) but I don't see retransmit being
supported in libcurl either.

If you have a bad network, try to increase the timeout or call
wsmancli multiple times.

Hth,

Re: wsmancli version 2.3.1 released !

Abhi
Thanks Klaus.

I was trying to relate it to another post related to openwsman duplicate message id handling http://openwsman.2324880.n4.nabble.com/InvalidMessageInformationHeader-error-td1760.html

We were thinking that going with recommended fix on server might invite other troubles, So thought of doing a fix on client if it was doing a re transmission.

Also I see the setting debug level to highest level 6 in wsmancli do not provide the actual SOAP request from wsmancli. Also I couldn't really find an option log this to a file rather than to console. I am going through the code and see if I could add additional traces and log to a file.

-Abhi

Re: wsmancli version 2.3.1 released !

Klaus Kaempf
Abhi,

* Abhi <[hidden email]> [Apr 03. 2014 19:27]:
> Thanks Klaus.
>
> I was trying to relate it to another post related to openwsman duplicate
> message id handling
> http://openwsman.2324880.n4.nabble.com/InvalidMessageInformationHeader-error-td1760.html
>
> We were thinking that going with recommended fix on server might invite
> other troubles, So thought of doing a fix on client if it was doing a re
> transmission.

there are two layers for retransmission. One is the network level,
doing retransmissions after timeout. This is the case of bad network
when the original message never reached the server.

The duplicate message case is on the protocol level. When a client
request was received and answered by the server. This case was
discussed in the above mentioned thread.

> Also I see the setting debug level to highest level 6 in wsmancli do not
> provide the actual SOAP request from wsmancli.

This can be triggered through the "--print-request" or "-R" option.

> Also I couldn't really find
> an option log this to a file rather than to console.

The SOAP request is dumped to stdout, use wsmancli with output
redirection to capture this in a file.

Hth,

Re: wsmancli version 2.3.1 released !

Abhi
Klaus,
 Thanks for providing the details on debugging options. I did further continued my experiment with the debugging options turned on. I did notice some interesting o/p from the wsman command. I was having perl plugin which continuously query for different instances of computer system by making using filter dialect option in the wsmancli command.

I did notice for 2 different request the same messageID was generated by wsmancli

Request 1
-----------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope" xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing" xmlns:wsman="http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/wsman/1/wsman.xsd" xmlns:wsen="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/enumeration">
  <s:Header>
    <wsa:Action s:mustUnderstand="true">http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/enumeration/Enumerate</wsa:Action>
    <wsa:To s:mustUnderstand="true">http://172.29.1.253:80/wsman</wsa:To>
    <wsman:ResourceURI s:mustUnderstand="true">http://schema.unisys.com/wbem/wscim/1/cim-schema/2/spar/SPAR_SoftPartitionComputerSystem</wsman:ResourceURI>
    <wsa:MessageID s:mustUnderstand="true">uuid:12d1cffb-f789-1789-8002-a3ff289f36a0</wsa:MessageID>
    <wsa:ReplyTo>
      <wsa:Address>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/anonymous</wsa:Address>
    </wsa:ReplyTo>
    <wsman:SelectorSet>
      <wsman:Selector Name="__cimnamespace">root/virt</wsman:Selector>
    </wsman:SelectorSet>
  </s:Header>
  <s:Body>
    <wsen:Enumerate>
      <wsman:OptimizeEnumeration/>
      <wsman:Filter Dialect="http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116">select * from SPAR_SoftPartitionComputerSystem where UUID='8CF4C311-F4A5-4DB5-BC17-29121F7695F7'</wsman:Filter>
      <wsman:MaxElements>20</wsman:MaxElements>
    </wsen:Enumerate>
  </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

Request 2
------------
      <wsman:Filter Dialect="http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xpath-19991116">select * from SPAR_SoftPartitionComputerSystem where UUID='B7828F01-98E1-4F9B-A0C8-C41794CDBAA4'</wsman:Filter>
      <wsman:MaxElements>20</wsman:MaxElements>
    </wsen:Enumerate>
  </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

These 2 requests were on 2 different instances.

We did notice a random 401 - Unauthorized error  which might be causing the messageID to be reused. Is that a correct observation? If so it is not a flaw as the id duplicate for 2 different requests.

Could you point me to the code where messageID is generated?

What could be the reasons why we get a random 401 error though the opensman server ip, credentials are read from a configuration file by the perl script which was executing the wsman command at intervals of 60 seconds?

-Abhi

Re: wsmancli version 2.3.1 released !

Klaus Kaempf
* Abhi <[hidden email]> [Apr 21. 2014 18:30]:

> I did notice for 2 different request the same messageID was generated by
> wsmancli

Interesting.

> We did notice a random 401 - Unauthorized error  which might be causing the
> messageID to be reused. Is that a correct observation? If so it is not a
> flaw as the id duplicate for 2 different requests.
>
> Could you point me to the code where messageID is generated?

src/lib/wsman-client.c: wsmc_build_envelope() is calling generate_uuid()

> What could be the reasons why we get a random 401 error though the opensman
> server ip, credentials are read from a configuration file by the perl script
> which was executing the wsman command at intervals of 60 seconds?

As I have no idea about your current setup nor know about your Perl
code, there's little I can do.